WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may store user preferences and other information—within your current browsing session, across multiple sessions when you return to the site, or both. Cookies also enable certain site functionality, such as login to EW Connect.
Cookies set by the website owner (i.e., Energy Web Foundation) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., analytics, social media integration, content from third-party sites).
TYPES OF COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
• Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
• Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our content and social media partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant content on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted content.
OPTIONS FOR MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
Your information will be used to improve EWF products, services, and communications, and to offer a more tailored and engaging experience with EWF, potentially including, but not limited to:
• Delivery of our newsletter and other email announcements to which you directly subscribed
• Delivery of other marketing and communications
• Social media engagement
• Delivery of targeted EWF content from other platforms (e.g., embedded EWF YouTube videos)
• Invitations to participate in potential projects of interest
• Creating and maintaining an account in EW Connect
OPTIONS FOR MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your email subscription preferences, unsubscribe, resubscribe, etc. at any time by following the links contained in any email communication from us. You can also contact us in writing at the email and/or mailing address above to update your preferences or to be removed from our system.